****AKUBRA IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING STOCK SHORTAGES ACROSS THEIR ENTIRE RANGE. A DELAY OF 2 MONTHS IS EXPECTED ON ALL ORDERS OF AKUBRA HATS****
This stockman's hat is a true old favourite. This design was seen in the movie "The Man From Snowy River". Features a plaited bonded leather band.
Brim: 83mm, Cut Edge
*Note: Colour of hat may vary from the picture. Not all size available instore.
MEASURING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Heads come in all sizes, and in a surprising variety of shapes.
Although Akubra hats are adaptable, and will usually conform to differences in shape with a little wearing, it is essential that the size be correct for your head.
TO DETERMINE YOUR HAT SIZE FOLLOW THESE 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
- Measure the circumference around your head - approximately 12mm (1/2") above the ears
- Keep the dressmaker tape level and firm, across the temple and above the eyebrow ridges.
- Check the size chart given below.
NOTE: For in-between measurements use the next size up.
For an enduring fit with your new Akubra the following points should be considered:
- The Sheepskin inner band of the hat may shrink slightly with use. Do not expect a tight-fitting hat to 'loosen up'
- In time, the hat will conform to your head shape. Initially, a slightly loose-fitting hat can be adjusted using folded tissue placed behind the inner band, then removed as the hat conforms to your head shape.